A large and rare solid bronze circular plaque from the Port of London Authority dated 1913. It is weather patinated with verdigris but could be polished.
The PLA, a trust, was formed in 1908 at a time when London was the largest port in the world handling 60,000 ships a year. The port, stretching over many miles, comprising many separate dock complexes and buildings from the 16th century onwards has been in existence since Roman times.
Link to: Antique Grills & Gates