Stock No: 10013

A large Yorkstone Chimneypiece in the Jacobean Revival manner with twin shields on the spandrels carved with mythical hounds bearing olive branches similar to those found on the City of Hull Coat of Arms.

Provenance: From The Royal Infirmary in Hull, Yorkshire, built in 1842 and demolished in the 1970s. The architect was H F Lockwood who later became the chief architect of Victorian Bradford and of Saltaire a Victorian model village within the City of Bradford, Yorkshire, England.
English late 19th century.

Link to: Antique Renaissance, Gothic Tudor Fireplace mantels and Chimneypieces: 1260 - 1600

Width Height Depth
External 72"
183 cms
57 12"
146 cms
35 38"
90 cms
Internal 47 316"
120 cms
46 12"
118 cms

Tel: 0207 739 8094 Fax: 0207 729 3620
International - Tel: +44 207 739 8094 Fax: +44 207 729 3620
Email : westland@westlandlondon.com Web : http://www.westlandlondon.com