A LARGE OAK JACOBEAN REVIVAL PANELLED ROOM, IDENTICAL TO THAT REMOVED FROM THE "OLD PALACE " BROMLEY BY BOW,
CIRCA 1604 , AND ERECTED IN THE VICTORIA AND ALBERT MUSEUM , SOUTH KENSINGTON AROUND 1900.
PROVENANCE: This room has recently been removed by us together with 9061, the magnificent carved oak and stone chimneypiece, from KIRKDALE MANOR, NORTH YORKSHIRE, and is of pegged and mitre panelled construction, comprising eight blind strapwork carved diminishing pilasters divided by repeated seven-section rectangular graduated panels to a strapwork narrow frieze with corbelled, dentil and ogee cornice, and including two ten-panel doors with decorative iron handles, plates and hinges ( the doors 83.5 " high by 39 " wide by 2 " thick ) and two window seats over iron radiator vents of scroll pierced strapwork design and rectangular in shape, comprising six metal panels altogether, each 24.5"by 18.5", the panelling 143" high, length of room 37 ft, width of room 19.6 ft, bay of three windows 7.7 ft. deep & 18 ft wide.
NB: The fireplace and overmantel are not included . Illustration, photo before restoration, cleaning and repolishing.