Stock No: 13144

One of five carved Portland Stone Plaques removed from the facade of St Thomas' Hospital. It is carved in the shape of a Shield and bears some of the symbols of the Hospitals Crest; a Cross, a Tudor Rose flanked by two Fleur de Lys and a Spear - the original also bore a Fish on the Cross and a Chough ( associated with Thomas Becket from whom the Hospital took it's name ) in the top right quadrant.
Early 20th century. A pair with SNo 13140 now sold.
Weight: 278kg.

The Hospital was moved from it's 17th century site in Southwark to new buildings in Lambeth Palace Road across the River Thames from The Houses of Parliament where it was opened by Queen Victoria in 1871

Link to: Antique sculptures, carvings, plaques, tablets, coats of arms and panels

Listed Price: £6,800 ( + vat in EU zone )

Width Height Depth
28 14"
72 cms
33 18"
84 cms
11 38"
29 cms

Tel: 0207 739 8094 Fax: 0207 729 3620
International - Tel: +44 207 739 8094 Fax: +44 207 729 3620
Email : westland@westlandlondon.com Web : http://www.westlandlondon.com