Decorative Items | None | Sculpture and Carving | Stock No: 10779

Stock No.10779

10779. THE LION HOLDING & PROTECTING THE KEY.
Sculptor Alan Collins. Circa 1958-59.

A large keystone originally above the main entrance beneath The Fortress of Gold (SNo 10733) on the Newgate Front of the Bank of England Annexe in the City of London .

The building erected in the 1950s to accommodate the Bank of England's Accounts Department & demolished in 2007, occupied the whole site bounded by Cheapside to the north, Watling Street to the south, Bread Street to the east, Newgate to the north west and New Change to the west and filled a sensitive site in that it presented a backdrop to Christopher Wren's majestic Baroque St Paul’s Cathedral.

4500
£
width height depth
20 14"
51.5 cms
29 12"
75 cms
14 58"
37 cms

Link to: Antique sculptures, carvings, plaques, tablets, coats of arms and panels

You can contact us by email, phone or just by completing the enquiry form below:

Items marked with an '*' are required.

starstarstarstarstar
8 Reviews on google

Tel: +44 (0)207 739 8094 | Fax: +44 (0)207 729 3620 | Email: westland@westlandlondon.com 

Copyright © Westland London 1969 - 2016. Images and text all rights reserved.